Sign up your idea and have a chance to win € 10,000.
The Amsterdam Science & Innovation Award is the Amsterdam competition for innovative ideas with a societal and/or commercial impact.
We invite you to participate in the 13th edition of this contest. Participating will give you an excellent opportunity to develop your idea further, explore its potential, propose your idea to an experienced jury and share it with the public and companies.
- Deadline for registration is Thursday 22 March 2018
- Registrations received before Friday 9 March will receive early bird support from our Business Developers
- The festive award ceremony will take place on Tuesday 19 June 2018
How to participate?
Describe your idea and sign up via the registration form.
To register complete the following steps:
- Download the registration form AmSIA 2018 for Windows or for Mac and regulations*
- Complete the registration form
- Upload the form (and attachment(s) if applicable)
* By entering the competition and by submitting your registration form, participants accept the terms and conditions stated in the regulations of the ‘Amsterdam Science & Innovation Award 2018′.
Participating in this contest will give you an excellent opportunity to develop your idea further, explore its potential, propose your idea to an experienced jury and share it with the public and companies.
This competition is open to all researchers, staff and students in all disciplines (from the physical and medical sciences to the social sciences and humanities) from all Amsterdam universities, universities of applied sciences, academic medical centers and public research centers.
Criteria & Jury
Entries will be judged by the jury, chaired by Barbara Baarsma, on their innovativeness, feasibility and fulfillment of a market need. See for additional information criteria & regulations.
Early birds (registration before Friday 9 March) will have the opportunity to get support from our team of business developers to develop your idea into a sound and clear proposition. And in addition, if you are selected as one of the finalists, you will receive professional support and pitch training for the final.
Do you have an idea, small or big, concept stage or more developed? Make sure to sign up !