All entries will be judged on their innovativeness, feasibility and fulfillment of a market need by a highly qualified jury comprising members who are all recognized professionals in their own fields and chaired by Barbara Baarsma.
The jury members are:
- Barbara Baarsma, Chair of the jury – Director Knowledge Development at Rabobank and Professor of Market Forces and Competition Issues at the University of Amsterdam
- Marja Zonnevylle, General Manager Technology Portfolio at Shell
- Joris Tinbergen, CEO Cleverbase
- Ton van Leeuwen, Professor Biomedical Engineering and Physics – Academic Medical Center Amsterdam
- Alfred Nijkerk, CEO UbiQ
- Edo Roos Lindgreen, Professor of Data Science in Auditing at the UvA
- Nathalie de Vent, Co-director ANDI and winner of 2017
Criteria on which your application will be evaluated
- Innovativeness: why is your idea innovative/inspiring?
- Societal/commercial/academic benefit: which specific problem can be solved with your idea?
- Application: which application do you envisage? Who will benefit and/or which group is prepared to use/adopt/pay (for) this idea/concept/product/service?
- Feasibility of idea: do you have some evidence that it will work / that society will use your application?
- How are you going to enroll your idea and introduce it to the market? Consider partnerships and the steps necessary to turn the idea into reality. Show entrepreneurship to make it happen.
The regulations of the Amsterdam Science & Innovation Award can be downloaded here.
By entering the competition and by submitting your registration form, participants accept the terms and conditions of the ‘Amsterdam Science & Innovation Award 2018′ Regulations Innovation Award.